SUMMER READING PLAN
Summer can feel sporadic. People travel, people leave for camp, people have summer jobs. That’s why we’ve created a reading plan through YouVersion that anyone can participate in no matter where you find yourself!
Join us as we set out to read through all of Paul’s Letters, found in the new Testament. We’ll start together on June 3 and finish up the first part of August. Each day you’ll have 1 or 2 chapters to read and an opportunity to share thoughts and questions on a message board with other students & SM2 staff.
How do I Sign Up?
- Follow the link: https://bible.com/p/14135037/acf6c3b36c0b44d62006918c6cf5b770
- Click on “accept invitation”
- You will be redirected to You Version’s login in page.
- If you already have an account with YouVersion sign in or if you don’t have an account create one.
- Once you’re signed in – accept the invitation and you’re set!
PROJECT 52 SERVE SATURDAYS
Saturday, June 22 and 29 we have the privilege of serving alongside one of our ministry partners, Project 52. This is a special opportunity to experience missions in our own city. Students and their families are welcome to join us but we do need you to register (see below). Lunch and transportation will be provided for everyone.
Project 52 partners with government officials and local code officers to find potential clients by providing spiritual, emotional, and physical comfort to individuals and families who are socioeconomically challenged due to financial crisis, natural disaster, physical disabilities, and emotional distress. This include widows, the elderly and those living below the poverty line.
Q: Do I have to attend both Saturday’s?
A: We would love that but understand there may be things that prohibit you from attending both Saturdays’. When you register please note when you’ll be joining us.
MIDDLE & HIGH SCHOOL BIBLE STUDY
This summer we are hosting an 6-week Bible Study starting June 9th at Signal Pres that’s open to all Middle & High School Students. It’s designed to do 3 things:
- teach how to read and study the Bible,
- learn the discipline of Sabbath/Rest, AND
- have a weekly way to practice it.
We will meet Sundays at 4PM. No need to register just show up and join us!
June 9, 23, 30, July, 14, 21, and 28 are the 6 Sundays we’ll be meeting.
A 6-week course for high school students serious about growing in leadership and maturity. We will begin June 26 and meet each Wednesday at 7PM for 6 weeks. This is something you must opt into by registering (see below).
The goal for this time is to
- personally invest in and cultivate the gifts and calling of a pile of high school students,
- spend our time looking at the dimensions of missional leadership, leading yourself/others and discipleship, AND
- practice by living it out through clear assignments paired with each weekly topic that will be taught/discussed.
June 26, July, 3, 10, 17, 24 and 31 are the 6 Wednesdays we’ll be meeting.