We’ve been posting lots of pictures & updates of students on mission trips but this grouping of pictures might be my favorite. These are the men & women who make each one possible.
– They are the ones who drive a zillion miles in 15 passenger vans with wild & woolly students.
– They are the ones who stay up late listening & talking with students who need an adult to look them in the eye & remind them that their story matters.
– They are the ones who need acupuncture for their achey back after sleeping on the floor of a weather-port for a week.
– They are the ones who keep pursuing students in relationship despite the response they may or may not receive.
– They are the ones who know how to laugh at themselves & maybe even put themselves in the pathway of being laughed at.
– They are the ones who are pointing students to Jesus through their life, conversations & actions.
– They are the ones who drink more caffeine than could ever be safe in an effort to make it through another day.
– They are the ones who wipe away tears, speaks words of affirmation & stand shoulder to shoulder with students so they always know they’ve got adults who are FOR them.
– They are the ones who make yet one more trip to the store to buy that thing that didn’t get packed.
– They are the ones that engage students in conversation centered around God’s Truth.
– They are the ones who pack, unpack & then repack vans with absorbent amounts of luggage.
– They are the ones who have said yes to students & Jesus so he can work in & through them.
– They are the ones who learn every word to every T-Swift song within the span of a week.
– They are the ones who pray for these students & totally believe that God really is growing them in wisdom, stature & favor with God & man.
– They are the ones who at great cost to themselves, their families & their jobs choose to be gone for a week so they can be present to a group of students – modeling what it means to live in Christ’s love & serve in His name.
– They are the ones who make me, Camille Ward, & this world a better place – not bc they are perfect but bc they are walking with Jesus, leading to the best of where they are & trusting the results to Christ.