It’s FAMILY CAFÉ! A joint project of SM2 and the Family Ministry at Signal Pres. Family café is all about middle schoolers, high schoolers, and parents together. (No, you don’t have to sit together. Or even talk together).
Our goal: to create an experience that parents and students can share in the hopes that it sparks and fuels your conversations and life together at home during the week.
We get it: family life is not easy, but it’s the awesome God-given way we learn to love Him and each other. Each week, you’ll get an @Home guide linked to the teaching. Here’s how it flows …
9:15 AM : Our cafe (Youth Wing entrance, off the patio) is open by 9:15am with a coffee-house set up – hot drinks, light breakfast – as a sweet place to hang out, connect with friends, and be in the mix together.
9:40 AM : We move into the Warehouse for:
1) laughter and fun as we get to know each other
2) engaging and interactive teaching – connecting and applying God’s word
3) breakout discussions (divided by middle school, high school, & parents)
We’re done by 10:20 in time for you to hang out and move to the Sanctuary for the late service.
August 13 : FALL KICKOFF – fall family welcome.
August 20 : God speaks pt. 1 (Exodus)
August 27 : God speaks pt. 2
September 4 : (NO CAFE) – No Sunday School, Worship Only
The list of FAQ:
- Student: do I have to bring my parents in order to be there? Absolutely not. You’ll still benefit and have plenty of friends. (Same is true for you as parents if your kids are serving elsewhere!)
- Parent: can I still go to a different class? Sure, and feel that freedom! But if you don’t have a class, make this your connection point and spread the word
- How do you know if it’s working? We evaluate it every week and get better, tweaking and adjusting. We need your feedback and participation!
- What are you teaching? We’re following the Gospel Project Plan and we’re in sync with the Children’s Ministry – so all kids and students hear a synchronized message each week. That gives you an awesome opportunity for follow up as parents.
Questions? Want to volunteer as part of a team? Contact Andy Cornett (email@example.com)