It’s FAMILY CAFÉ! A joint project of SM2 and the Family Ministry at Signal PRes. Family café is all about middle schoolers, high schoolers, and parents together.
Our goal: to create an experience that parents and students can share in the hopes that it sparks and fuels your conversations and life together at home during the week.
We get it: family life is not easy, but it’s the awesome God-given way we learn to love Him and each other. Each week, you’ll get an @Home guide linked to the teaching. Here’s how it flows …
9:15 AM : Enter in the Warehouse doors (Youth Wing, off the patio) and find a warm space, hot drinks, light breakfast – space to connect with friends, get a start to the morning, etc.
9:40 AM : We move into the Warehouse for
1) laughter and fun as we get to know each other,
2) engaging and interactive teaching – connecting and applying God’s word
3) breakout discussions (sometimes by age, sometimes mixing families, etc.)
We’re be done by 10:20 in time for you to hang out and move to the Sanctuary for the late service.
Spring Focus – the Mighty Deeds of Jesus
April 14 – the Triumphal Entry
April 21 – EASTER – No Cafe gathering (worship services only)
April 28 – Jesus Walks on Water
May 5 – Jesus and the Miracle of Forgiveness
May 12 – Jesus and Power Over Evil
May 19 – Jesus and Power Over Sickness and Death
May 26 – No Cafe gathering (worship service only)
The list of FAQ:
- Student: do I have to bring my parents in order to be there? Absolutely not. You’ll still benefit and have plenty of friends. (Same true for you as parents if your kids are serving elsewhere!)
- Parent: can I still go to a different class? Sure, and feel that freedom! But if you don’t have a class, make this your connection point and spread the word
- What are you teaching? We’re following the Gospel Project Plan and we’re in sync with the Children’s Ministry – so all kids and students hear a synchronized message each week. That gives you an awesome opportunity for follow up as parents.
Questions? Want to volunteer as part of a team? Contact Andy Cornett (firstname.lastname@example.org)