Dear Graduating Seniors and Parents,
Hello from SM2! Yes, it’s here: the final semester of your senior year of high school. Time is short, so let’s make it count. We at Signal Pres want to do the best job we can to partner with both you students and you parents for the sake of seeing you grow and thrive as you keep discovering God’s grace, love, and plans for you as you keep living in his love and serving in his name. Two things:
First: monthly gatherings this Spring to equip and encourage you for what’s coming next. We’ve learned that these 4 topics connect the most. Each one will be 4:00-5:30pm at a host home:
- February 11: Calling & Vocation – Proctor Home (6 Ives Lake Road)
- March 11: Money & Budgeting – Davis Home (727 Olsen Avenue)
- April 8: The Church – Marshall Home (106 Woodcliff Circle)
- May 6: Relationships – Hansen Home (927 Arden Way)
Second: Senior Sunday is coming on April 15 – the date when we’ll celebrate you in worship, send you out in faith, and gather as families for a senior banquet.
- April 15: 10:45am Service and lunch/program to follow for seniors, parents, and whole family.
- Please RSVP to Valerie at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31 – with A) How many total will be attending from your family and B) Your Full Name as you would like it printed in our bulletin).
- Every year we give parents the chance to say something out loud in front of the whole crowd to bless or charge their son or daughter. Keep it short (they’ve heard you for 18 years!) – think one one simple, final way you want to celebrate them in front of peers. Questions? Contact Camille at email@example.com
- Can’t make it on April 15? Please go ahead and contact Valerie to let us know; we’ll save a gift for you but won’t clog you with reminders
Here’s a few FAQ we tried to answer for you:
- If I can’t come to the gatherings, can I get the info/handouts somewhere? Yes, extra copies will be in the Youth Office
- What if it’s been a while since I went to D-Group or I’m not a church member? Makes no difference at all: come on! We sent this letter to the widest possible crowd of seniors we know in hopes of encouraging and equipping as many of you as possible.
- Really, parents too on April 15? Yes indeed. and you won’t want to miss it.
In the meantime, know that we are praying for you – that God would walk with you, guide you in your choices and decisions, work in you, and prepare you for what he will ultimately do through you!
Grace and peace
–SM2 Staff at Signal Pres: Andy, Jimmy, Camille, and Valerie.