Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/smtwo176/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sixtenpress/includes/gravity/class-sixtenpress-gravity.php on line 154
Signal Mountain Student Ministries (SM2) is hosting its second annual 5K or 1mile fun run/walk fundraiser on May 6, 2017. The race is called “Old Town Runaround” and the money raised will go directly to our 2017 summer trip finances, lowering the overall cost of these trips to our students.
This is an event for all people to participate in (runners, walkers, joggers, & people of all ages) We will have a 5K and 1-mile option to choose from with a fun closing program and celebration back at the church once everyone has finished the race. We are incredibly excited about this event and hope you’ll come out and join us in what we hope continues to grow into an annual event for the community as we work to raise money for our 2017 youth summer trips.
No interest in walking or running? Okay, then we’d love to have your support by volunteering on race day. There are a variety of needs (registration, snacks, water stops, street/traffic control, packet pick up, etc…) and we’d be delighted to have you serve with us. Sign up to volunteer and we’ll get in touch with you.
Oops! We could not locate your form.
Note for parents & guardians: If you plan to run with a jogging stroller, we still need you to complete a registration form for your baby/toddler for liability purposes. You don’t have to pay for them, we will not record their time or give them a bib number, but must have a registration form (including the waiver & release) filled out and signed by a parent or guardian. You can turn the forms in on race day at our registration table.
Thanks for stopping by! Pre-registration for the Old Town Runaround has closed. We will have race day registration on Saturday (May 6) from 7:30 – 8:30AM. Please be prepared to pay with cash or check only! We look forward to seeing you then!
You may print the registration form and bring it with you to register on Saturday morning.
Packet Pick Up:
- Friday, May 5 from 4:30 – 6:30PM at Signal Pres (Youth Wing)
- Saturday, May 6 from 7:30 – 8:30AM at Signal Pres (Youth Wing)
Race Day Details:
- WHEN: May 6, 2017
- WHERE: Signal Mountain Presbyterian Church (612 James Blvd. Signal Mountain, TN 37377)
- RACE TIME: 9AM
- RACE DAY REGISTRATION: will be held in the youth wing from 7:30 – 8:30AM. Registration day costs will be $30 for 5K and $20 for the 1 mile. T-Shirts are only guaranteed to those who “pre-register”.
- AWARDS for 5K running only: Overall Male & Female; Masters Male and Female. Awards will be awarded for first place (Male and Female) in the following categories: 10 and under, 11-14, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70 & up.
- MAKE UP DATE: if we are unable to host the race on May 6th due to unfavorable weather conditions our rain date will be scheduled for the following Saturday (May 13th). Race participants will be notified via email if the race is postponed.
Questions or comments: Contact Camille Ward or call (423) 886-2190.
One Mile Course:
Please note that the one mile course will finish the last 0.1 mile running through the lower parking lot that takes you behind the church to the finish line – it can’t be recorded on the map but will be clearly marked on race day.
Sponsorship helps to defray the cost of organizing the event. Funds received from sponsorship are used to purchase things like: t-shirts, awards, food/drink & the cost of equipment/supplies needed. Any additional money from sponsorships will fully and directly go toward our 2017 youth summer trips. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, details can be found in our sponsorship packet.
Listed below are our generous sponsors for the 2017 Old Town Runaround: