181 of us shared a marvelous weekend September 20 – 22 at Camp Highland in Ellijay, Ga for Signal Pres’ Trek (middle school) Retreat.
Trek Retreat is a weekend where students are sought with the unconditional love of Jesus. They are fed with the Word of God in Jesus centered teaching and personal practice. They’re given relational space with people to belong to and committed leaders who are passionate for Christ and show them God. And lord willing, it equips students for a life-long faith connected to the body of Christ.
Huge thanks to
- Sarah Provonsha, Jennifer Johnson, Liz Collins & Lindsey Jones, for the work to develop it.
- Rachel Cain, the band from Resurrection Chattanooga, Walker Brown & Matt Grispo for partnering with us in ministry.
- Chris Raynolds, Doug Goodfellow & Kara Price for supporting us through their specific giftings.
- Our 23 small group leaders who lived life with middle schoolers all weekend.
- Our 9 high school students who served as Work Crew for the weekend.
A few particular highlights
- Rachel Cain’s teaching from Ephesians 2:1-10 on the wonder of authentic faith through the lens of our rescue story.
- D-Groups showing camaraderie through the always epic Gauntlet & Crud War.
- 9 High School Students taking initiative, serving well, loving long, laughing hard, always risking and never complaining.
- Students and leaders facing fears, trying new things, & building unity within their D-Group as everyone had an opportunity to participate in varying Adventure Activities.
- 23 small group leaders setting aside their lives, their families, and their many other responsibilities to show a few students they matter, to give them a place to belong, to create an experience they’ll remember forever, and to help them see that they are loved – not just by them but by the God who made them.
- Watching new friendships develop and old ones deepen as students were free to let loose and play hard.
- The gracious Camp Highland Staff who patiently served and supported us from beginning to end.
- Students responding to the good news of the gospel by trusting Christ with their life and resting in the gift of faith.
Photos & Videos by Andrew Fowler (please credit him if you share them).