While our Middle School Mission Trip didn’t look exactly like we originally planned COVID-19 didn’t stop this crew from a week of service!
Our team was split into 5 smaller groups. Each morning we gathered at Signal Pres, packed up our vans and headed out to our worksites for a day of service. We painted houses, hauled trash, re-roofed a carport, and helped with tornado relief.
After several months of being home and spending hours upon hours in front of screens, we all found ourselves most thankful and grateful to simply serve alongside friends whom we’ve missed terribly!
In the evenings we met back at Signal Pres for a time of worship, teaching, prayer & small groups. Our teaching theme/focus was on justice. Each night we taught on Micah 6:8 and it could not have been timelier for all that is going on in our world right now. I am thankful for God’s providence and how He was at work orchestrating that which I could have never anticipated.
A big THANK YOU to …
- Widow’s Harvest and Project 52 for allowing us to serve alongside you and the good work you do day in and day out in the Chattanooga area.
- Our NINE adult volunteers – Kathy Harper, Katy Edmondson, Anna Branam, Dax Branam, Isaac Allen, Jesse Schwindt, Camille Ward, Emily Cooper, & Donna Bolton – who led, served, loved, laughed, taught and learned with our students all week!
- Our students who said yes to serving their neighbor in Jesus’ name and did it with a joy, strength and humility that only comes from knowing Jesus.
- Our parents who trusted us to care for your students all week! We just love our families SO much!
- Hayley Sesterhenn + John & Susan Laramore who showed up each evening to Clorox our gathering space keeping everything clean and disinfected for the health & safety of our students and families.
- Marc Funk who led us in worship each evening during our program time! Build My Life by Pat Barrett was our theme song!
- Andrew Fowler who, like a pro, handled all our a/v needs during evening program.
Enjoy our pictures and recap video below!