In-Town High School Retreat This year’s High School Retreat will take place at the church November 14th-15th. We’ll worship together, hear where the Gospel meets us in this crazy moment, and have loads of fun with our D-Groups! What to Expect Weather permitting, everything will take
TREK RETREAT – FALL 2020
DUE TO LACK OF INTEREST, TREK RETREAT 2020 HAS BEEN CANCELLED. SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE. Like everything else this year, the middle school retreat will look a bit different this time around, but the hallmarks are the same: we’re going to have loads of fun, laugh a lot, hear from God’s word,
Trek Retreat 2019 Recap
181 of us shared a marvelous weekend September 20 – 22 at Camp Highland in Ellijay, Ga for Signal Pres’ Trek (middle school) Retreat.
Trek Retreat is a weekend where students are sought with the unconditional love of Jesus. They are fed with the Word of God in Jesus centered teaching and personal practice. They’re given relational space with people to belong to and committed leaders who are passionate for Christ and show them God. And lord willing, it equips students for a life-long faith connected to the body of Christ.
Huge thanks to
- Sarah Provonsha, Jennifer Johnson, Liz Collins & Lindsey Jones, for the work to develop it.
- Rachel Cain, the band from Resurrection Chattanooga, Walker Brown & Matt Grispo for partnering with us in ministry.
- Chris Raynolds, Doug Goodfellow & Kara Price for supporting us through their specific giftings.
- Our 23 small group leaders who lived life with middle schoolers all weekend.
- Our 9 high school students who served as Work Crew for the weekend.
A few particular highlights
- Rachel Cain’s teaching from Ephesians 2:1-10 on the wonder of authentic faith through the lens of our rescue story.
- D-Groups showing camaraderie through the always epic Gauntlet & Crud War.
- 9 High School Students taking initiative, serving well, loving long, laughing hard, always risking and never complaining.
- Students and leaders facing fears, trying new things, & building unity within their D-Group as everyone had an opportunity to participate in varying Adventure Activities.
- 23 small group leaders setting aside their lives, their families, and their many other responsibilities to show a few students they matter, to give them a place to belong, to create an experience they’ll remember forever, and to help them see that they are loved – not just by them but by the God who made them.
- Watching new friendships develop and old ones deepen as students were free to let loose and play hard.
- The gracious Camp Highland Staff who patiently served and supported us from beginning to end.
- Students responding to the good news of the gospel by trusting Christ with their life and resting in the gift of faith.
Photos & Videos by Andrew Fowler (please credit him if you share them).
True North Advance – Recap
November 16 – November 18, 2018 at Camp Vesper Point Our True North Advance will be a weekend I’ll always remember in ministry. I struggle to find the right words to talk about it but together we experienced a gospel renewal among our students. There was a real heart conviction as the truth of
SM2 Trek Retreat 2018 – Recap
Thanks to all you students & leaders who made Trek Retreat 2018 memorable & wonderful! We had a marvelous weekend as we experienced Jesus, played freely, enjoyed the beauty and fun of Camp Highland, worshipped, laughed, developed new friendships and strengthened old ones, & learned that
TREK 2017 Better Together (Photos)
Trek Retreat 2017: Photos What a weekend! A ginormous thank you to everyone who was apart of our middle school retreat as we learned, talked, & studied about Healthy Friendships. It was a marvelous 48 hours! Truly, we are Better Together when we model the Lord’s love together. Thank you for
High School Fall Retreat (Registration)
High School Retreat will be here before you know it so it’s time to register! All 9th – 12th grade students are invited to join us. It’s going to be an incredible weekend as we discuss and wrestle with the question “What is the Gospel?”. You can sign up and pay online but please download the
Genuine (High School Fall Retreat)
Trek Fall Retreat 2013
September 20-22 | Camp Vesper Point Our biggest event of the fall is one you don't want to miss! Join all your friends from 6th-8th grade for a weekend at Camp Vesper Point. There will be messy games, devotionals, and lots of time to catch up with D-Group. Cost The weekend costs $150 and