It’s FAMILY CAFÉ! A joint project of SM2 and the Family Ministry at Signal Pres. Family café is all about middle schoolers, high schoolers, and parents together. (No, you don’t have to sit together. Or even talk together). It’s all about creating a experience that parent and students can share in the hopes that it sparks and fuels your conversations and life together at home during the week. We get it: family life is not easy, but it’s the awesome God-given way we learn to love Him and each other. Each week, you’ll get an @Home guide linked to the teaching. Here’s how it flows …
9:15 AM: Our cafe (Youth Wing entrance, off the patio) is open by 9:15am with a coffee-house set up – hot drinks, light breakfast – as a sweet place to hang out, connect with friends, and be in the mix together.
9:40 AM: We move into the Warehouse for 1) laughter and fun as we get to know each other, 2) engaging and interactive teaching with the goal of seeing the living truth of God’s word as we connect and apply it, and 3) breakout discussions (divided by middle school, high school, and parents). We’ll be done by 10:25 in time for you to hang out and move to the Sanctuary for the late service.
Spring 2017 update
- We’re taking a short break from the Gospel Project (at the end of one cycle!) to zero in on Jesus in Hebrews – we will pick it back up in June.
- 4/9 Hebrews 3-4: A better rest
- 4/16 Hebrews 4,5,7: A better High Priest
- 4/23 Hebrews 8: A better Covenant
- 4/30 Hebrews 9-10: A better Sacrifice and Worship
- 5/7 Hebrews 10: A better hope
- 5/14 Hebrews 11-12: A better Country
- 5/21 Hebrews 13: A better Word
- Student: do I have to bring my parents in order to be there? Absolutely not. You’ll still benefit. (Same true for you as parents if your kids are serving elsewhere!)
- Parent: can I still go to a different class? Sure, and feel that freedom! But if you don’t have a class, make this your connection point and spread the word!
- How do you know if it’s working? We evaluate it every week and get better, tweaking and adjusting. We need your feedback and participation!
- Will we always be together? Not always. We may break out into some parent or students, or occasionally no breakouts at all.
- What are you teaching? We’re following the Gospel Project Plan and we’re in sync with the Children’s Ministry – so all kids and students hear a synchronized message each week. That gives you an awesome opportunity for follow up as parents.
Questions? Want to volunteer as part of a team? Contact Andy Cornett.